All of our opportunities across our sites nationwide are advertised here. Opportunities may include:
- paid employment in permanent and fixed term roles
- freelance assignments
- paid internships
To receive new BFI job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please sign up for a BFI job alert.
The BFI is not currently a licensed sponsor for visas, and if applying for a role you must already have the right to work in the UK.
Good luck with your application.
If you have difficulties submitting your application or experience any technical difficulties, please email email@example.com with your name, role you are interested in, plus your preferred contact details.
A member of the Human Resources team will contact you as soon as possible to help you with your query. If you tell us that you have been experiencing technical difficulties before the closing time and date, we will log this as being your intention to apply for the role in time.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please be aware that Google Chrome users may experience technical issues when submitting an application online and are recommended to use an alternative browser.
Diversity and inclusion policy
BFI policy aims to avoid or stop discrimination in the BFI’s employment practices against individuals and groups on grounds which are illegal, unjustifiable or unacceptable.Find out more
Recruitment privacy notice
The BFI is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information belonging to all BFI employees and job applicants.Find out more
Employed staff benefits
We offer a range of benefits to members of staff.
- BFI pension scheme
- 28-33 days paid annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- support for working families: generous contribution to childcare costs; childcare vouchers; enhanced maternity, 4 weeks paid parental leave and enhanced shared parental pay
- flexible working
- our Employee Assistance Programme provides advice and support for employees and their close family members across all life events
- free tickets to BFI Southbank screenings and events plus access to other BFI Events and film festivals (BFI London Film Festival and BFI Flare: London LGBTIQ+ Film Festival)
- loan schemes such as season ticket and computer purchase
- ride to work scheme
- £100 towards annual health club membership
- Sight and Sound magazine
- 35% employee discount on all food across BFI Benugo outlets, and 20% staff discount on alcohol
- 70% employee discount on BFI DVDs, 50% on books and merchandise plus 20% off other items at BFI Filmstore
- 40% employee discount on all retail, including upstairs concessions, at BFI IMAX
Certain conditions apply on some benefits – details are available from the Human Resources team. Some benefits are non-contractual and the BFI reserves the right to review benefits and withdraw them as appropriate.
We provide travel costs within zones 1-6, plus a lunch allowance. There are also opportunities to access our film screenings and events.
People engagement and wellbeing
The BFI takes our responsibility to engage and develop our employees seriously.
We carry out a range of activities to facilitate this.
All employees are appraised each year and agree objectives and a development plan with their line manager.
Meetings are held at Directorate, Department, team and individual level with ‘all employee’ events every 3 months.
Our brand values are ‘Approachable, Inspiring and Responsive’.
We provide a range of wellbeing initiatives. As part of our mental health wellbeing strategy we have Mental Health First Aiders at each main site and we have signed the ‘Time to Change’ pledge to reflect our commitment to health and wellbeing.
We regularly review our staff engagement strategies to see how we are doing.
Diversity and inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Our aim is for our workforce to be diverse and representative of the communities we work with, and that our opportunities are open to all.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across all our activities.
We are Stonewall Champions. Stonewall works for equality and justice for lesbian, gay, bi and trans individuals.
Our mean gender pay gap was 0% as at 31 March 2019.
We are a Disability Confident employer, accredited by Jobcentre Plus.
Our 2 areas of under-representation are BAME re ethnicity and disabled people. To encourage applications from both communities, all candidates who meet our job specification minimum requirements for the role they have applied to are invited to stage 1 of our selection process.
We are members of the Employer’s Network for Equality and Inclusion.
We are members of the Southbank Employers Group, a partnership with a long-term commitment to improving the everyday experience of the area for employees, visitors and residents alike.